1. ___ Serves as a student advocate in the school and with the
social, legal and health agencies in the community.
2. ___ Confers with students and their families to provide
explicit feedback on student progress and assist families in guiding
students in academic and personal growth.
3. ___ Proposes ways in which families can support and reinforce
classroom goals, objectives, and standards.
4. ___ Uses the community to provide students with a variety of
experiences to examine and explore career opportunities.
5. ___ Works effectively with school volunteers to promote
student interest, motivation, and learning.
6. ___ Recognizes in students overt signs of child abuse and
severe emotional distress, and take appropriate intervention,
referral and reporting actions.
7. ___ Recognizes in students over signs of alcohol and drug
abuse, and takes appropriate intervention, referral and reporting
8. ___ Works cooperatively with colleagues and other adults in
informal settings and formal team structures to meet studentsí
education, social, linguistic, cultural and emotional needs.
9. ___ Uses knowledge of continuous quality improvement to assist
the school community in managing its own school improvement efforts.
10. __ Communicates with families including those of culturally
and linguistically diverse students to become familiar with the
studentsí home situation and background.
11. __ Develops short and long term personal professional goals
relating to the roles of a teacher.